Start your career on board the expedition fleet of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises! Apply now for your job at sea chefs as:
Bäcker (f/m/d) - Expedition Cruise
Charterer: Hapag-Lloyd Cruises Department: Küchef / Galley
FERNWEH? Do you love the sea and want to inspire our guests?
Be one of the best - go from observer to explorer: With your job at sea chefs you will experience real adventures on board the youngest and most modern expedition fleet in the world: HANSEATIC nature, HANSEATIC inspiration and HANSEATIC spirit. Categorized with the highest ice class, the expedition fleet of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises reaches the most beautiful and remote places on earth.
Your employer sea chefs - on a diverse mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition cruises, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in the hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your !
This is what awaits you on your journey with us:
- You are responsible for the preparation of all baked goods (bread, rolls, croissants, etc.) on board and report to the Chef de Cuisine.
- You will use fresh ingredients to create baked goods for the guests and crew on a daily basis using dough you have prepared yourself.
- You will record and order the ingredients you need in the ship's own merchandise management system.
- On special evenings, occasions and for special requests, you will conjure up themed pastries in your bakery.
- You will coordinate and manage your assistant according to the planning.
- Contract duration of your 1st contract: 3 - 6 months (also by individual arrangement)
Why sea chefs?
What we offer you:
- The most beautiful destinations on earth
- Paid arrival & departure
- International working environment
- Free accommodation and meals
- Exclusive crew areas
- Good opportunities for advancement
- Further education & Training
- Health and accident insurance
- Free uniform cleaning
Your course & your talents
This is what you bring on board:
- Completed training as a Bäcker as well as experience in the Bäckerei
- Very good expertise in food science
- Your own recipe book including creations bring a breath of fresh air on board.
- You are reliable and resilient and have no problem thinking outside the box.
- Getting up early and organizing your working day yourself won't throw you off your game.
- Groomed appearance and excellent manners
- Very good knowledge of German and English
Do you have any questions about a job on board and/or our application process?
You can find comprehensive information and the FAQ on our website.
Any unanswered questions? Our recruiting team will be happy to help you:
We look forward to receiving your application - regardless of your age, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, ideology and/or sexual orientation. Please only apply online.