Be one of the best - go from observer to explorer: With your job at sea chefs you will experience real adventures on board the youngest and most modern expedition fleet in the world: HANSEATIC nature, HANSEATIC inspiration and HANSEATIC spirit. Categorized with the highest ice class, the expedition fleet of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises reaches the most beautiful and remote places on earth.
Your employer sea chefs - on a diverse mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition cruises, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in the hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!!
This is what awaits you on your journey with us:
- You will be assigned to one or more of the 3 gourmet restaurants.
- In consultation with the sous chef, you will independently manage a position assigned to you within the kitchen.
- You will create culinary dishes and menus with high-quality and exclusive ingredients.
- Depending on your area of responsibility, you will have the opportunity to prepare dishes for guests (including filleting meat, carving
- Depending on the position, you will coordinate and motivate a team assigned to you.
- Contract duration of your 1st contract: 4 - 6 months (by individual arrangement)
- Your start will be by individual arrangement based on your availability in connection with the work schedule on board and is generally possible all year round.
What you bring on board:
- Completed training as a chef (f/m/d) in upscale gastronomy with professional experience
- Some experience in managing a post is desirable
- You keep an overview - even when things get hectic.
- Enjoy the creative preparation of culinary dishes
- Excellent manners, a well-groomed appearance and host qualities
- You are ready to take on initial management tasks.
- Very good knowledge of German and good English
What we offer you:
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid arrival & departure
International working environment
Free accommodation and meals
Exclusive crew areas
Good opportunities for advancement
Further education & Trainings
Health and accident insurance
Free uniform cleaning
Do you have any questions about a job on board and/or our application process?
You can find comprehensive information and the FAQ on our website.
We look forward to receiving your application - regardless of your age, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, ideology and/or sexual orientation. Please only apply online.