Be one of the best - go from observer to explorer: With your job at sea chefs you will experience real adventures on board the youngest and most modern expedition fleet in the world: HANSEATIC nature, HANSEATIC inspiration and HANSEATIC spirit. Categorized with the highest ice class, the expedition fleet of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises reaches the most beautiful and remote places on earth.
Your employer sea chefs - on a diverse mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition cruises, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in the hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!!
This is what awaits you on your journey with us:
- In this position, you are the decision-maker and responsible for the entire patissier area and report to the Chef de Cuisine.
- You are responsible for the preparation of all desserts in the 3 restaurants on board.
- With your own creations on the dessert menu, you serve guests exclusive taste experiences for various occasions.
- You will provide your team with professional and disciplinary leadership and ensure an open feedback culture and harmonious interaction.
- As the contact person for the patissier area, you will regularly show presence for the crew and guests.
- Contract duration of your 1st contract: 4 - 6 months (by individual arrangement)
What you bring on board:
- Completed training as a chef, pastry chef or similar, as well as several years of experience in patisserie management
- Additional qualifications (e.g. sugar pulling) are an advantage
- .Additional qualifications (such as sugar pulling, creating showpieces) an advantage
- Very good knowledge in the gastronomy sector as well as in food science, which you are also happy to pass on to your team.
- You are reliable and resilient and have no problem thinking outside the box.
- Managerial personality with the ability to lead and motivate a team professionally and disciplinary
- Groomed appearance and excellent manners
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Familiar with MS Office applications
What we offer you:
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid arrival & departure
International working environment
Free accommodation and meals
Exclusive crew areas
Good opportunities for advancement
Further education & Trainings
Health and accident insurance
Free uniform cleaning
Do you have any questions about a job on board and/or our application process?
You can find comprehensive information and the FAQ on our website.
We look forward to receiving your application - regardless of your age, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, ideology and/or sexual orientation. Please only apply online.