Then start the adventure of a lifetime and come on board the My Ship® fleet: The fleet now has seven ships sailing the seas of the world and stands for contemporary premium vacations.
Your employer sea chefs - on a diverse mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition cruises, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in the hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!!
This is what awaits you on your journey with us:
- Decision maker and responsible for the entire galley area, in consultation with the Hotel Manager
- Overall responsibility for the budget and ensuring compliance with the food cost
- Control of ingredient ordering in the ship's own merchandise management system
- Departmental communication, both for your crew and for the officers
- ;interdepartmental mouthpiece, both for your crew and for the officers
- Technical and disciplinary leadership of your team of up to 200 crew members, incl. Duty roster creation and scheduling
- Presence during service times and contact person for guests for suggestions, proposals and criticisms of the food and the galley area
- Contract duration of your first assignment: 4 months, subsequent follow-up contracts possible
What you bring on board:
- Completed training as a chef (f/m/d) and several years of professional experience in a management position in upscale gastronomy and/or on a cruise ship desirable
- Very good specialist knowledge in the gastronomy sector and in food science, which you are also happy to pass on to your team.
- Economical, budget-oriented thinking and the ability to understand business goals
- Fünlichkeit with the ability to manage a team professionally and efficiently;ability to lead and motivate a team professionally and disciplinary
- Groomed appearance and excellent manners
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Familiar with MS Office applications
What we offer you:
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid arrival & departure
International working environment
Free accommodation and meals
Exclusive crew areas
Good opportunities for advancement
Further education & Trainings
Health and accident insurance
Free uniform cleaning
Do you have any questions about a job on board and/or our application process?
You can find comprehensive information and the FAQ on our website.
We look forward to receiving your application - regardless of your age, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, ideology and/or sexual orientation. Please only apply online.