Be one of the best - go from observer to explorer: With your job at sea chefs you will experience real adventures on board the youngest and most modern expedition fleet in the world: HANSEATIC nature, HANSEATIC inspiration and HANSEATIC spirit. Categorized with the highest ice class, the expedition fleet of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises reaches the most beautiful and remote places on earth.
Your employer sea chefs - on a diverse mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition cruises, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in the hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!!
This is what awaits you on your journey with us:
- As a host, you are independently responsible for the organization of a restaurant with around 50 guests.
- During service hours, you will show presence in your assigned restaurant and be the first point of contact for your guests and your team.
- In order to ensure a smooth service process, you will be responsible for assigning, instructing, training and motivating the chefs and commis de rang assigned to you.
- You support the Assistant Maitre during the day-to-day business and rostering and act as a deputy.
- You are always available for suggestions, proposals and feedback.
- Contract duration of your 1st contract: 4 - 6 months (by individual arrangement)
What you bring on board:
- You have completed training in the hotel or restaurant sector as well as professional experience in a management position, e.g. as a head waiter or restaurant manager, and have extensive industry and specialist knowledge.
- You are a passionate host and have excellent manners.
- You are only satisfied when your guests have had an all-round great evening.
- You are reliable and resilient and have no problem thinking outside the box.
- You inspire your team with your leadership personality.
- Very good German and English skills round off your profile.
What we offer you:
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid arrival and departure
International working environment
Free accommodation and meals
Exclusive crew areas
Good opportunities for advancement
Continuing education & Trainings
Health and accident insurance
Free uniform cleaning
Do you have any questions about a job on board and/or our application process?
You can find comprehensive information and the FAQ on our website.
We look forward to receiving your application - regardless of your age, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, ideology and/or sexual orientation. Please only apply online.